“Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve!” -Napoleon Hill
Train your children and yourself to think positive!
The mind is the part of a person that makes it possible for us to think, feel, perceive, reason and understand things. So, if we think, speak, perceive and behave positively, we begin to feel positive.
Our most powerful tool in the world is our mind and thoughts. How we handle this tool will impact on our lives. A person might own a drill, but this does not mean that this person can drill effectively into a wall to hang up a picture frame. A drill is only useful if operated by a person will the knowledge of how to use it and the experience and skills that comes with it. This can be said about our mind too. If we learn how to use our mind and thoughts as efficiently as possible, it will make life a lot simpler and beneficial.
The more positive we think and speak, the easier our journey on this earth will be. The way we think can change the course of our lives. Negative thoughts about a situation or event can stress or even depress us. But when we think positive, we create a positive environment, making our life happy and pleasurable. Change the way you perceive the world.
What are some of the benefits of positive thinking:
• Positive thinkers are less stressed as they focus on solving a stressful situation rather than complaining about it.
• Research shows that those who think positively live longer and feel better than those who don’t.
• People with a positive mind build better relationships with others. People are usually attracted to people who are excited and passionate about life.
• Positive people are more confident because they believe in themselves.
• Positive people are happier. A positive mind attracts positive events. Focusing on the positive leaves no room for worrying about the negative things or the worst of a situation.
How to think positive?
• Start each day with positive affirmation. Before getting out of bed in the morning, tell yourself that today is going to be a good day. Build your confidence by saying things like “I am awesome”, “I am a go getting” and “I can achieve anything I put my mind to”. Pray!
• Constantly say positive things about your life.
• Stay focused on the good things. No matter how bad a situation is, focus on the good that is happening in your life, however small it is. There is always a rainbow after a storm, so hang in there.
• Surround yourself with positive people that will lift your spirits on days that get you down.
• Remember that there is no such thing as failure but rather lessons learnt to better the outcome of your situation when faced with it again.
• Avoid negative self-talk.
• Most important, life is too short to stress the small stuff. Laugh a lot, dance like no one is watching and live a little.
The Bible says with words God created the world and with words we create our world (Hebrews 11:3; Isaiah 57:19).
Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, “Be taken up and thrown into the sea,” and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.